Beginning the Application Process
- To begin the Application for Services for the AAOL domestic adoption program, it is important to read over all the material provided below on the checklist and make sure you have a good understanding of the paperwork and process prior to completing and submitting the application. Our adoption specialists are happy to help answer any questions that you have and provide explanations regarding the process.
First Packet Documents:
- Requirements for Adoptive Applicants Click to see AOL Requirements
- The Adoption Process
- Application for Services & Information Sheet
- Explanation of Adoption Fees and Expenses & Disclosures of Adoption Fees and Expenses
- Options Choice
- Statement of Release for Exchange of Information
- Notification of Consumer Protection
- Hold Policy
- For Utah Families: Criminal Background and Child Abuse forms along with clear photocopies of the front and back of your driver license and social security card. Applicant(s) will also need to provide Act of Love with (2) two finger print cards along with a check made out to Act of Love in the amount of $79.50 for clearance processing. Check with your local police department for finger printing. Act of Love will complete our portion of the form and process the form with the State of Utah. Please be advised that all Utah agency adoptions require the agency to submit your clearances through the Department of Human Services. Only licensed adoption agencies are able to submit clearances through the Department of Human Services.
- For Families Outside of Utah: The applicants home study agency can help obtain FBI, criminal and child abuse clearances. Your home study agency should provide AOL with a copy of your clearances.
- U.S. Residents Residing in Foreign Countries: Applicants will need to obtain criminal and child abuse clearances from each state or country they have lived in the last five years. Copies of these clearances will need to be provided to AOL.
- Complete the entire Application for Services, sign, and return to AOL with the documents listed above. Please include the first payment of $700.00 at the time of submission (fee may be submitted by personal check).
- Once the agency receives the application and the first payment of $700.00, an adoption specialist from Act of Love will contact you to confirm receipt of your application, prepare a second packet with a checklist to track your documents for adoption approval; along with scheduling an intake interview appointment with the AOL Director of Social Services.