Act of Love is excited to offer a great opportunity for adoptive families to add a video component to their on-line AOL profile! Recently, birth parents have shared with Act of Love their wishes to be able to see videos of prospective adoptive families on-line. Watching the video allows birth parents to see the interaction of the adoptive family with each other, their home, what is important to the family and to get a sense of who the families are in a more personal way. Many past birthparents have said things like, “They are much better in person than on paper!” or “I felt a connection, but it wasn’t enough and I wanted to learn more about them.”
We want our AOL families to be a part of this! We want birthparents to be watching your great family and all the fun things you do, the things that are important to you and reasons why you want to adopt a child!
Important components for your video:
• Show who you really are and your true desire and excitement to adopt
• Be upbeat and share your gratitude to grow your family through adoption
• Briefly address the points you share in your profile
• Be in a comfortable, non-identifying setting
• Clearly understood: speak slowly and clearly
• Good quality – iPhone videos will work great!
• Show your personality and the unique qualities of your family
• Share your positive adoption message
• Include some action shots, not just sitting and talking, Use lots of pictures! Let your unique personality shine through!