More about our family!
Our hope is to grow our family!
A little more About Us…
• We love spending time outdoors! As you can see from our pictures, we enjoy hiking, camping, skiing/snowboarding, and biking. John loves to fish and has taught me how to throw a line out!!! We don’t plan to slow down if we are blessed with a child!
• A relaxed day for us may include watching a movie at home or working on hobbies. I (Melissa) like to cook and bake and especially enjoy experimenting with new recipes. I also enjoy reading, taking a long walk through our local state park, and gardening. John enjoys gardening as well, especially tending to our vegetable garden. He also has a unique interest in meteorology and following weather events. He is an avid sports fan, and almost never misses watching our local NFL team games.
• Both John and I are very family oriented. We were raised to value the importance of quality time with each other and with our respective families. A typical Sunday is usually spent with either of our extended families, sharing a meal, and catching up on life! We love spending time and playing with our 6 little nephews any chance we can!
• One of our biggest excitements is in planning a fun vacation. Some of our best vacations have included trips to Hawaii, multiple National Parks, various big cities throughout the country, and taking trips to see the fall foliage in Maine and New Hampshire. We like taking family trips as well. Most recently to the North Carolina beaches and to a resort in Virgina. We can’t wait to plan a vacation with our own little family in the future.
• Our desire to be parents and grow our family is deeply rooted. We truly believe it is the greatest blessing and privilege. We are grateful that you have viewed our profile and would be happy to speak with you if you would like.
Our House – View outside of our home. Rainbow is courtesy of a sun-shower! We love our home, it’s a spacious 3 bedroom townhome with a full basement. We always enjoy having guests/family stay with us and there is plenty of room for our nephews to play, and hopefully, in the future, our own little one will enjoy too!
Lobster Dinner – John cooking a special dinner at home out on our back deck.
Making Gnocchi – Melissa in the kitchen making homemade gnocchi with our Nana. John’s Nana is very excited to teach our little one how to cook and bake! Many Sundays are spent with family, in the kitchen, making and sharing a meal. Both Melissa and John grew up with family that values family time, special moments and making memories!
Fishing in Oregon – Melissa with the catch of the day, salmon fishing in Oregon. John was jealous!! Fishing is one of John’s favorite hobbies.
Hawaii Trip – Melissa getting ready to go snorkeling on trip to Hawaii. We always like to take special excursions on our vacations for a little extra fun!
Snowboarding Trip – John (on right) enjoying a snowboarding trip with Melissa’s brother Mark