More about our family!
Our hope is to add a new family member.
More About Us:
- Occupation: I am an emergency room nurse. I care for young children such as infants or newborns and all the way up to the elderly. I never get bored and love caring and making my patient’s feel better.
- Favorite Vacation: I have to say my favorite vacation was going over to Germany and visiting the Cinderella Castle and the Black Forest where the cuckoo clocks are made.
- Favorite color is red
- Favorite Food is BBQ
- Favorite Activity is Playing disc golf with my husband and friends. I also enjoy painting different works of art.
- Favorite book series is the Hunger Games.
- Favorite Movie of all time is Pretty Woman. I feel like it shows that any person if they tray hard enough can overcome their past.
- My favorite subjects in school were biology and anatomy.
- My favorite sports team is the University of Oklahoma Sooners football
- My passion is gardening and finding containers to put all my plants in. This past summer I got a white cast iron bathtub from our neighbor and I was able to put flowers in it to make it look pretty. I feel that flowers brighten everyone’s day.
- The best thing about me is that I’m caring and compassionate to all around me.
- The most important thing to me is to have all my family and friends around me. Our family cares about everyone, help them when needed, and nurture them.
- The most important person in my life is my husband. He is the one that have stood by me in the good times and the bad. He is the one that knows how I’m feeling even though I didn’t say anything about it. He will give me a shoulder to lean on when thing are going good. He has fun with me in the good time.
- Most influential person in my life was my grandpa on my mom’s side of the family. I spent a lot of time up on my grandparent’s farm growing up. I was sixteen and not interested in helping out around the farm. I was a typical sixteen year old. I just finished getting all gussied up as my grandpa would call it. Then grandpa came and told me to put on some overalls and we were going to chop wood down. I told him no, I didn’t want to. But, he made me go anyway. We got to the forest and he handed me the chainsaw and told me to get started. I just handed it back to him. He was insistant that I learn to work the chainsaw. Then when we were finally done we went home and I had to unload all the wood. My cousins, mom, and grandma were all laughing and teasing me about this. I learned from my grandpa’s example to try to do all you can for yourself and hard work pays off. My grandpa left a lasting memory on my heart and soul.
- Occupation: I am the American Heart Association Training Center Coordinator. I help nurses all across my hospital system learn how to care for patients in cardiac arrest. I teach hundreds of classes a year to healthcare providers and individuals with no healthcare experience at all.
- Favorite vacation: I have been many places around the world, but my favorite place I visited was a small town in Germany called Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The reason I loved this small town wasn’t because of the great views or amazing food. It was because of the people. The town itself was filled with small shops and each one had a very friendly worker inside. It felt like I was in an old time story book.
- Favorite color: blue
- Favorite food: Italian
- Favorite activity: Home improvement
- Best day ever: The best day I ever had was when I married Sally. She truly is the love of my life and my best friend.
- Favorite book: Lord of the Rings
- Movie: Star Wars
- Subject: Philosophy
- Team: University of Oklahoma
- What is your passion: Teaching
- The best thing about you: I’m very loyal
- Most important thing to you: Honesty
- Most important person: My wife Sally
- Most influential person in your life: My mother, she has always been there for me from when I was young until now. She was a stay at home mom when I was little and has been someone I truly respect.
Uncle Madison and his family
Sally and friend Angy admiring our artwork
Sally helping niece Kaylany fly a kite
Grandpa Carl showing niece Eryn that Bosco is a nice dog
Grandma Adele and Grandpa Marles going for a Sunday drive
Darren ready to go backpacking