More about our family!
Our hope is to add a new family member to enjoy our crazy and fun life.
5 things we love about our family…
1). We love that there are two of us to experience life and make important life decisions together. Two heads are better than one!
2). We love that, as a couple, we enjoy spending time together – talking, going for walks, cooking, eating, entertaining, watching soccer games, football games, the Olympics, and going to concerts (classical, jazz and Rock n’ Roll).
3). We love that both of us enjoy exploring new places and new things together. “To infinity and beyond!” Between the two of us, we’ve been to every continent except Antarctica!
4). We love that we support each other’s different interests and hobbies: fixing cars, building things from wood, DIY home projects, reading, painting, and making music.
5). We love that our extended families are so diverse! We have family members who are Caucasian-American, Asian-American, Russian-American, and Hispanic-American. We love spending time with them – never lacking fun and special family events, activities, and food!
A little more About Us…
Occupation: Michael is a music teacher and Sunny is an English as a Second Language and Learning Support Teacher.
- Favorite Vacation: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Favorite NFL team: Green Bay Packers
- Favorite soccer team: Brazil
- Favorite food: steak and potatoes
- Favorite dessert: cheesecake
- Favorite music: classical music
- Favorite car: BMW
- Favorite movie: Big Lewbowski
- Favorite shoes: Birkenstock
- Favorite super hero: Superman
- What do I do relax: listen to music
- What inspires me: working with students who don’t give up and persevere through challenges
- The most important thing to me: spending time with family
- The best thing about me: helping other people discover, appreciate, and love music
- Jobs in the past: tree farm laborer, milking cows at a dairy farm, Dairy Queen, mixing cement and hauling bricks for a mason, selling fireworks, detasseling corn, working at a college cafeteria, camp counselor, working in a recording studio, music teacher.
- Favorite color: Michael’s eye color (ocean blue!)
- Favorite artist: Picasso
- Favorite NFL team: Seattle Seahawks
- Favorite cartoon character: SpongeBob Squarepants
- Favorite super hero: Wonder Woman
- Favorite books: Twilight, Harry Potter, The Help, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Nothing to Envy, Where the Wild Things Are
- What do I do to relax: take a bath and paint my fingernails and toenails
- The most important thing to me: family
- What inspires me: creative people, interesting places, unique ideas, tasty food, beautiful buildings, listening to music, and talking about art
- Jobs in the past: working at roast beef sandwich shop, teaching piano, tutoring, baby sitting, Dairy Queen, bagger at a grocery store, camp cleaning staff, camp counselor, dormitory counselor, college financial aid worker, legal secretary, teacher
Mount Rushmore – This summer we took a road trip to some National Parks. Here we are checking out Mount Rushmore. Proud to be Americans! We cannot wait to show and tell the beauty and grandeur of America to the little one.
Michael’s Kitchen – Chef Michael making a special breakfast. His breakfast specialty is hash browns from fresh potatoes! We look forward to making some fun cooking memories in the kitchen.
Snow Tubing – Sunny is having fun snow tubing. We love playing outdoors in all kinds of weather. We look forward to having the little one experience rain, snow, ocean spray, wind, and sun.
Rio Christ – This is Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. Michael lived in Brazil for 5 years when he was in middle school. Last year, he got to show Sunny his old stomping grounds and can’t wait to show the little one as well.
Opera House – We are at one of the places on Michael’s bucket list – the legendary opera hall, La Scala, in Milan, Italy. What a special moment for us music lovers! We look forward to taking the little one to all kinds of concerts of classical, pop, rock, jazz, country, and folk music.
Making S’mores – “Glamping” at Glacier National Park and roasting marshmallows and making S’mores! We look forward to sitting around a campfire with the little one, singing campfire songs, look at the stars, tell stories and make S’mores.