What the adoption process looks like:
Welcome to Act of Love Adoptions! Your bravery and courage to figure out the best plan for your unexpected pregnancy has brought you to the right place. We want to help walk you through the 10 steps of the adoption process and show you the many choices you have regarding your pregnancy.
Over the last twenty years, Act of Love has mastered the adoption process and learned the best ways to help you with your unplanned pregnancy. Our focus is to provide you with the best one-on-one personal care and help you find a peace of mind and positive direction for yourself.
“As a birth mom my experience with A Act Of Love was positive. They were able to accommodate my wish to have a social worker who was not of the LDS faith. At the time that was important to me. I have an open adoption and I would never have thought my heartbreak could turn into JOY!” Birth mom Heather
1. Considering Your Options
Is Adoption the Right Choice for You
- Talk with an experienced adoption professional
- Have someone who really wants to listen to your needs and concerns
For Personal One-on-One Care
TEXT TO 801-450-0094, CALL 1-800-835-6360 or Email email@example.com
2. Choosing Adoption
Safe and Confidential
- Complete an application for adoption services
- Get started with adoption counseling
- Receive medical care for a safe and healthy pregnancy
3. Get Your Needs Met
Taking Care of You & Your Baby
- Medical Care
- Adoption Counseling
4. Preparing Yourself For Birth & Placement of Your Child
- Counseling with a caring & understand adoption professional
- Getting your support system in place
- Making a plan for the placement of your child
5. Placing Your Baby for Adoption
- Understanding and signing adoption paperwork
- Continuing to build a relationship with the adoptive family
- Getting ready to move forward with your life
6. Create Your Adoption Plan
- What is important to you in an adoptive family?
- What type of contact do you want with the adoptive family?
- Meet in person
- Talk on the phone
- Send emails
- Share pictures on social media
- Send pictures and letters through the agency
- No contact
- Who will be involved in your plan?
- How do you envision your plan?
7. Choosing Your Adoptive Family
- Select your family or have the agency select your family from home studied families
- Find a peace of mind that your baby is with the right family
- Help finding the right family, if you don’t find the family within our current families
8. Creating Your Hospital Plan
- Who will be at the hospital?
- Do you want to hold your baby?
- Do you want adoptive family at the hospital?
9. Moving Forward with Your Life
- Making a plan for your housing, work and schooling
- Continuing with your support system
- Getting physically fit
- Taking care of your emotional needs
10. Making the Choices Right for You
- Everyone’s needs are different and you choose what is right for you.
- You and your baby are important and deserve the best.
- You have the ability to make changes to your plan when you want.
Expect the Best!
- One-on-one counseling and attention
- Getting your needs met in a safe and healthy environment
- Making sure you are truly being heard about what you want for your baby
- Working with adoption professionals with over 2 decades of adoption experience
- Receiving services from a team with personal adoption experience
***Every state has different adoption laws. The services and support you can receive will differ depending on the states involved in the adoption. Call today to find out about the services and support you can receive. 1-800-835-6360 or text 801-450-0094 – 24/7 including weekends and holidays. We are here for you and want to help you!