Dear Expectant Parent,
We can’t imagine how you’re feeling as you’re reading through this letter, and words will always fail to express how much we admire your courage as you make this decision. You are truly a special person – a strong, caring, kind and selfless person, to consider adoption. We want you to know that we are in your corner as you go through this experience.
We met through mutual friends in our hometown and have been married for 12 years. We see our marriage as a partnership and we are equals – we both cook, clean, do laundry, work in the yard, and care for our dogs. We strive to make our home a safe haven filled with laughter and care for anyone who needs it. We value communication and patience and strive to support each other and those in our life through every change, goal and struggle.
About Ashley, according to Dan:
• She is a clinical case manager nurse for the juvenile justice system and loves working with incarcerated and at-risk youth. She is SO good at it!
• She is incredibly loving and kind
• She is a super talented singer who used to sing opera, but would rather sing jazz and R&B
• She is VERY funny
• She loves tattoos and has several
• She is tenacious and will work hard until she achieves a goal
• Travel is her favorite hobby and she does it as often as possible
• She is slightly obsessed with her Tacoma and loves to take it 4-wheeling
• She will be the most loving, goofy and adventurous mom who will take her kids to see all of the coolest parts of the planet
About Dan, according to Ashley:
• He is a music professor and is an amazing teacher who has an amazing ability to help people understand and learn
• He plays the trumpet
• Is the funniest person who can make anyone laugh even in the darkest of moments
• He has the biggest, kindest and most tender heart
• He loves history, Star Wars and Star Trek
• Is a very fair, honest, non-judgmental and diplomatic person and will work hard to find the best solution to any problem
• He is INCREDIBLY patient
• He loves to jog and does it every day
• He is genuine and kind to everyone he meets
Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to learn about us. With us your child will always be safe, cared for, supported and loved by so many people. Your child will always be given the space to explore and be who they are and who they choose to be and be loved unconditionally. We will always encourage a relationship with you and your family. We are so excited for the opportunity to share our adventurous life!
Dan and Ashley