Growing and building your family through adoption can be an exciting adventure. The journey is easier for some than others and you can sometimes meet with challenges and disappointments. Having an adoption agency like A Act of Love Adoptions to help guide you through the experience can make all of the difference. Adoption involves a lot of legwork, patience and having your finances in order. At times, the process may seem insurmountable, but staying the course and relying on the agency staff to help guide you will bring you that beautiful treasure you have been waiting for.
There are so many parents that have been successful in their adoption journey. If you ask them, they will say that all that they have gone through to successfully finalize the adoption is worth the joy of being a forever family to a precious little one.
As a prospective parent, it can be helpful to see the commonalities of those who have successfully adopted. Here are some common factors that are usually seen in parents who had adoption success:
– Commitment to adoption. Adoption is something that both spouses must agree with and commit themselves to. Couples who struggle with issues of infertility need to take a close look at what they really feel about parenting and adoption. It is important to realize that adoption is not “the last resort” – it is simply an alternative way of becoming a family. For an adoption to be successful, not just in its finalization, but also for the succeeding years, parents should also have that sense of entitlement to be the child’s parents, in both the joys and triumphs as well as in the responsibilities that come with parenthood.
– A positive attitude. Adoption has its challenges and it helps to meet these with a can-do attitude. Keep the end in mind. That is, think about how you will feel when you finally bring your child home. This can be a source of encouragement and strength as you go through the mounds of legwork or meet with a hitch in the process.
– Knowledge. With adoption, research and learn all you can about the process, the legalities and its requirements. It helps to know and understand what to expect at each point of the adoption process – the costs, paperwork and documents to prepare. Doing your “due diligence” can also help you be more alert of potential adoption scams.
– Reputable adoption agency. It will be very helpful to work with an adoption agency that has a good reputation and standing. For one, an adoption agency such as A Act of Love Adoptions, will already have a wide network of birthmothers and prospective parents. Even if you are able to get direct contacts from potential birthmothers, it can be helpful to screen these through an adoption agency. An adoption agency can also provide you with invaluable advice based on its extensive experience and best practices. Agencies such as A Act of Love Adoptions have been leaders in the industry for over 20 years. Start your journey into adoption by looking for the right adoption agency you can work with.
– A winning profile. Parents who have adopted have spent a lot of time crafting a winning profile. After all, for those who are looking to adopt domestically, the profile is the main basis that the prospective birthparent uses to choose who will be the parents of the child. Create a profile that shows the real you and that will give the birthparent an idea of what life will be like in your home.
– Accessibility. A Act of Love should be able to reach you at your given number – whether by your home phone, cell phone or e-mail. Adoption agencies may call you about a crucial matter (or perhaps, call you that a potential birthparent has selected you!). If you are not on the other end of the line, the agency may look at other prospective families on the list. You need to be accessible to be able to respond quickly.
A Act of Love Adoptions operates with a focus on domestic infant adoptions. Based in Utah, A Act of Love Adoptions will usually involve working closely with prospective parents to help them navigate the adoption process.