Dear Expectant Mother,
Hello! We are Nick and Julie. We are hoping for the opportunity to become parents and bring joy to a child’s life. We want our child to learn to love, to be kind, to be empathetic, and to work hard. Most of all, we want them to be happy.
We cannot begin to comprehend the difficult decisions and emotions you have faced throughout this journey. We admire your strength and courage. We wish for you to have peace and a feeling of certainty when you find the right family for your child, regardless of whether or not that family is us. You have been in our thoughts and we truly wish the best for you and your baby.
Adoption is something that has always been in our hearts. We know this is the way we were meant to build our family. If chosen, you are entrusting us with your precious baby. The magnitude of that trust will not be lost on us. We promise you that we will make a daily effort to be attentive, patient, kind, comforting, supportive, slow to anger, and quick to laugh. This child will be assured every day of how very much they are loved.
We plan to be very open about adoption with our child, and you are a big part of their story. We want you to know that your child is being loved and well taken care of, and we are open to discuss the ways in which we can achieve this.
About Us (as told by Julie):
Nick and I met during college. We were both in our undergraduate, studying Math. He claims he noticed me way before I did him, :). We began studying and hanging out together and quickly became the best of friends. We liked going to movies, going out to dinner, laughing and joking, talking, and really anything that meant we got to be together. A quick year later we were married. We have now been married nearly 10 years and have loved our journey. We still love to spend every possible minute together.
Our home is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, two-story home with plenty of space for toys, play, and laughter. We have a large open kitchen, dining, family-room area. It is the perfect space for guests and family gatherings. We have a big backyard where Lady, our dog, loves to run around and bark at the geese that fly by. We are within walking distance to a lake where we enjoy kayaking and taking Lady for walks. The community has great schools, several parks, a splash pad, tennis courts, and a few swimming pools, all no more than 5 minutes away. We love our home and think it will be the perfect place for a child to grow and flourish.
Fun Facts About Nick:
1. I consider myself a hard worker with a caring heart, two things that I feel are the most important characteristics to pass on to our child.
2. I have a LEGO collection that is the envy of all of my nephews.
3. I feel unbelievably blessed with the life Julie and I have created for ourselves, and I try to live my life to the fullest!
4. I love everything superhero: comics, movies, games, legos!
5. While I love my job, my dream job is to one day own a game and comic book shop.
Fun Facts About Julie:
1. I much prefer conversation with a kid than with an adult. They have far funnier things to say!
2. I am always listening to a book: in the car, while I clean, while I workout, while I’m getting ready.
3. I am obsessed with shoes. Who doesn’t feel good in a cute pair of shoes?
4. The minute I get home, I change into leggings and something soft and cozy.
5. My passion is crafting, and I love to create things to decorate our home. I can’t wait to share this hobby with our kiddo one day!
We are so grateful to you for considering us as parents for your baby. We have so much respect for you and your brave choice to make an adoption plan for your baby. We wish you peace as you continue to make these difficult decisions. We hope that your life will forever be filled with happiness and love. We promise your baby will know about you and the loving choice you made. If you are interested, we would like to exchange letters and photos with you throughout the years. We wish you all the best.
Nick & Julie