As birth parents are selecting an adoptive family for their baby, they often times have many questions.
The biggest question is usually: How do I know if this family is a good family?
What should birth parents be looking for?
Adoptive families that have FBI, criminal and child abuse clearances – meaning they do not have a criminal record that would prevent them from becoming an adoptive family.
Adoptive families that have an approved home study that meets all the requirements of the states involved with the adoption plan. This will involve:
- Medical reports recommending them as parents
- Reference letters recommending them as adoptive parents
- Financial information to show they can provide for the child
- Methods of caring for and providing structure and discipline for the child
- A safe home free of hazards and dangers
- Among many other items, interview questions and home visit
Make certain that you are working with a reputable adoption professional that is licensed to provide ALL the services for a safe and successful adoption. Be careful of selecting a family on-line that is not working with a licensed adoption professional. The licensed adoption professionals are there to protect you and make sure your needs and the needs of the baby are being well cared for.
Call Act of Love today to learn more about adoptive families
Act of Love works with adoptive families from all over the United States and works with birth parents to find the right adoptive family for them. We work with families from Massachusetts to Michigan, Alabama and California. More information for families from Alabama